The Freemasons are an esoteric society with secret handshakes, shared symbols and a long history of cultural and political influence. Admittedly, the scope of this influence is up for debate. Some theories say that nearly all of the rulers of western countries and banking institutions are Masonic. Furthermore, it is said that, fueled by devil-worship, Masons have guided their members to the upper echelons of power. Additionally, some believe that they make pacts with evil forces and extraterrestrials for domination of the earth.
We don’t take a stance on the truth or falsity of these theories. However, there are some things that the Masons, as a secret society with esoteric roots and occult rituals, exemplify.
– First, they’re a hierarchical and fraternal organization, with a single (male) lodge head called the “Worshipful Master.”
– Second, they’re a society with secrets. That is, the particulars of the initiation and the ritual practice are not revealed to outsiders.
– Third, they believe in a supreme being, which they call the “Great Architect of the Universe.” Though they don’t associate this being with a particular religion, he’s prayed to and worshiped at lodge meetings.
– Fourth, they’re a society that utilizes rituals with ancient origins.
– Finally, they’re an organization with a graded initiation system. This means that new initiates gain more access and knowledge as they progress through the ranks of the organization.
Old World, Old Values
No matter how you feel about the Freemasons, the fact is they’re old school. Their way of organizing themselves and with the world they reflect are outmoded. For example, theirs is a world where only men are the power keepers.
Additionally, according to their old fashioned model, man is judged according to some idealized version of his ‘honor’. Yet this ‘honor’ historically was untarnished by a holding slaves. Not only that, but currently their idea of honor conveniently omits the privilege that accompanies a man’s sex, race and class status.
A world of patriarchy and an impotent concept of personal ’honor’ isn’t our world. In contrast, ours is a world where personal ‘honor’ won’t cut it. Instead we require active work to make the world equitable, joyful and sustainable. Indeed, it is a world where our rights have been taken and our privacy invaded. It is a world where our history has been hidden from us.
Modern Masters is a mystery school for our world and for our generation. Unafraid to face the reality we live in and bold enough to claim our power within it.
At Modern Masters we are:
– First, a non-hierarchical system of magical learning, local service and collaboration based on open-source models and community-moderated campaigns.
– Second, a society of likeminded individuals who respect privacy and who’re security savvy. We respect and uphold knowledge maintained by individuals or groups within our membership.
– Third, a group which assumes that a spiritual realm exists and influences our lives. While we don’t give this realm a name, we believe it can be accessed.
– Fourth, a gathering of individuals and organizations committed to the idea that we’re powerful. We work to ground that idea through ritual and magical work. This work draws on ancient traditions of all kinds to help us shape our future, overcome our weaknesses, achieve our goals, and better our word.
– Finally, a system of mutual trust and assistance. Individuals gain reputation through the completion of quests for spiritual development and community improvement.
Open-Source yet Exclusive
While we are open-source and community governed, Modern Masters is exclusive. Our members self-select according to a very high bar of ernest responsibility. Indeed, the work to change our future and our world is difficult. Not all will succeed. The worldview and commitments required to alter our earth’s timeline are not popular. Furthermore, in the near future, security and and seriousness may require that the Modern Masters community becomes open by invitation only.
To read more about the specifics of our access to spiritual realms or the new magical system we are building, join our membership at the Ally level. To be clear, our novel magical system draws from the ritual of all faiths and traditions. Yet it is based on inspired mechanics for intentionally creating your reality. We restrict readings on this topic to our paid membership levels in order to encourage an accepting community of serious participants. We invite you to join these Allies.
In conclusion, if you have an interest in magic or ancient spirituality and a desire to find a community in which to enhance your abilities, join the mystery school for the new world. Act now, while this timeline still extends its hand to you. Become a Modern Master!